Product Maintenance, Care & Repair
Precious metals and natural stones are highly resistant materials, and with some simple care, you’ll be able to preserve and protect your jewelry for many years to come. The more you wear your TANE jewelry, the less maintenance is required. This may seem paradoxical; however, regular use slows the natural tarnishing process inherit of both gold and silver metals. Your jewelry will gain a unique patina over time – and will become the signature of your shared memories. Our recommendations for the care of your piece include:
- In general, you should avoid exposing your jewelry to humidity, moisture, intense heat and any other extreme environments.
- You can maintain its original beauty and reduce the potential for damage by removing your jewelry prior to exercising, washing your hands, swimming or engaging in any other physical activities.
- Forcible contact with any type of surface area could cause damage of varying degrees. Therefore, beware of shocks, as they may cause unwanted marks and scratches. Wearing or storing jewelry in close contact with each other may result in the same.
- In order to preserve your jewelry piece when not worn, store it inside the original box and/or pouch that was offered to you upon purchase, after cleaning it with a soft cloth.
- It is preferable to store your item(s) in a dry place, removed from any direct heat source.
- We advise you to avoid contact with water or any other liquid, as well as any product containing alcohol (perfume, solvents etc), grease (make up products etc) and abrasive products in general.
MAINTENANCE OF SILVER AND GOLD
Our courtesy cleaning service is free and for life, valid only in TANE Boutiques in Mexico.
Sterling silver, and even gold, tend to oxidize naturally over time. There are different ways to restore these metals to their full brilliance.
- If your silver jewelry is dusty or shows fingerprints, rub it gently with a soft cloth or a silk cloth.
- If your jewelry is tarnished or slightly oxidized, clean it with clear, warm water, and rub it gently with a soft cloth. Avoid circular movements, rub in the same direction instead. Dry it gently with a soft cloth or a jewelry cleaning cloth. Be careful with other materials such as leather, as they may be sensitive to fluids.
- If you think a deeper clean is required, please visit your nearest TANE store with your jewelry, and our trained specialists are happy to clean your items at no charge.
MAINTENANCE OF STONES
- Jewelry with pearls should be stored in a humid atmosphere, stored next to a glass of water filled regularly. Pearls are made of an organic material and require a level of moisture to conserve their full beauty.
- To maintain the brilliance of diamonds, clean them with warm, clear water, gently rub with a soft brush, and then wipe them with a soft cloth.
- Stones other than diamonds (sapphires, onyx, jade, etc.) require specific care and we recommend taking them to your nearest TANE store for a special cleaning.
By taking care of your TANE piece in this way, you will be able to wear it for many years to come and fully appreciate its beauty and quality. For any advice regarding your TANE piece(s), please do not hesitate to visit your nearest TANE store, where our specially trained sales associates are at your disposal to guide you and answer any questions you may have or contact us at email@example.com
RESTORING A DAMAGED PIECE
If, despite your precautions, your jewelry is damaged (malfunction of the clasp, wear and tear of the links or setting), we invite you to take it in to a TANE store where a personalized, expert appraisal will be carried out and a repair suggestion will be made.